“ The Victorian state election was held on Saturday, 26 November 2022. Victorians elected the members for Victoria’s 60th Parliament. We will update the member pages on our website once results are officially confirmed. ”
Victorians have voted
State elections in Victoria are held on the last Saturday in November every four years.
Our state has 88 electorates for the Legislative Assembly with one Member of Parliament (MP) elected for each electorate. For the Legislative Council, our state is divided into eight regions with five MPs elected for each region.
At the state election held on 26 November 2022, each eligible voter was able to vote for one member of the Legislative Assembly and five members of the Legislative Council. Check the Victorian Electoral Commission website for the official results.
You must enrol and vote in a state election if you:
- are 18 years or older
- are an Australian citizen
- have lived in Victoria for longer than a month.
Road to the election
Here are some key dates leading up to the 2022 state election.
- Writs* issued: 6pm on Tuesday 1 November
- Nominations open: Wednesday 2 November
- Deadline for enrolling to vote: 8pm on Tuesday 8 November
- Nominations close for registered political party candidates: 12pm on Thursday 10 November
- Nominations close for independent candidates: 12pm on Friday 11 November
- Early voting opens: 9am Monday 14 November
- Election day: Saturday 26 November
- Writs returned: By Saturday 17 December
* Writs are the official documents issued by the Governor of Victoria ordering that an election be held.
2022 state election in focus
The Victorian Electoral Commission’s Deputy Commissioner Dana Fleming talks about the key dates for the upcoming election, plus the new rules on political donations.
Things to know
Any legislation before parliament that is not passed when the current parliament expires on 1 November 2022 will lapse.
Parliamentary committee inquiries will cease. Any uncompleted inquiries may be re-referred to a committee when the next parliament begins but that will depend on what the MPs elected to that parliament decide.
The parliament that will be elected on 26 November 2022 will become Victoria’s 60th Parliament. Our first parliament was elected in 1856.