Integrity and Oversight Committee
The 59th Parliament expired on 1 November 2022. A general election will be held on 26 November 2022. All Committees of the 59th Parliament ceased to exist on 1 November 2022, and any incomplete inquiries lapsed from that date. New Committees will be established in the 60th Parliament. For further information, please contact the Committee Services Office on 03 8682 2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Committee is responsible for monitoring and reviewing the performance of the following agencies:
- Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC)
- The Victorian Ombudsman (VO)
- Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC)
- The Victorian Inspectorate (VI)
As part of the Integrity and Oversight Committee’s monitoring and review of the performance of IBAC, the VO, OVIC and the VI, it can:
- examine the agencies’ reports, including annual reports
- report to Parliament in relation to the agencies’ performance of their duties and functions
- undertake inquiries into issues related to the work of the agencies and make recommendations for improvements
- review the draft annual plans and budgets of IBAC, the VO and the VI
- recommend to Parliament the appointment of an independent performance auditor and coordinate the conduct of a performance audit of IBAC, the VO and the VI at least once every four years
- receive complaints about the agencies. (Note that while the Integrity and Oversight Committee can, in limited circumstances, investigate complaints about the Information Commissioner and OVIC under the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003 (Vic), it does not have the power to investigate complaints about IBAC, the VO or the VI. It is also prohibited from reconsidering decisions, findings or recommendations made by IBAC, the VO, OVIC or the VI. For more information on complaints, consult the IOC complaint fact sheet.
- receive, assess and investigate public interest disclosures (PIDs) about the VI or a VI officer under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (Vic). For more information, consult the PID procedures and flow chart.
- The independent performance audits of the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission and the Victorian Inspectorate Download
- Report on the appointment of a person to conduct the independent performance audits of the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission and the Victorian Inspectorate Download