Prior to entering Parliament, with qualifications in Asian Studies and Industrial Relations, David worked in a range of training and industrial officer roles in Queensland, the Northern Territory, Victoria and nationally. In 2002, he co-founded Outcomes Plus, a consulting firm supporting not-for-profit aged care providers with strong links in specialist, CALD and regional services.
As a long time community activist in Melbourne inner-west, David has been active in a range of campaigns including against the East-West tunnel, against inappropriate development and many to enhance or protect local amenity and services. He also served for 7 years on the Community Reference Group for the redevelopment of the Kensington Public Housing Estate working closely with local CALD community and tenants’ representatives. In addition, as a long-term cannabis consumer, David is determined to see it legalised, destigmatised and its many benefits recognised. When invited to stand for Legalise Cannabis Victoria, David was delighted to have the opportunity to work in the parliamentary sphere.
David’s passions and priorities as a Member of Parliament are:
- Reform of cannabis laws and capitalising on the opportunities that the cannabis economy can bring to Victorians.
- Decisive action on climate change and adaption.
- Implementation of the Uluru Statement from the Heart including Voice, Treaty and Truth Speaking.
- Ensuring equal rights and respect for Women, LGBTIQ+ and first nations Victorians.
- Reform of the Victorian approach to planning and development.
- Action on affordable and sustainable housing and tenancy rights.
- Ensuring appropriate support for people with a disability and protecting and reforming the NDIS.
- Improving access to quality health and aged care services including tackling chronic workforce issues.
Participating, Legislative Council Economy and Infrastructure Committee since June 2023
Participating, Legislative Council Legal and Social Issues Committee since March 2023
Deputy Chair, Legislative Council Environment and Planning Committee since February 2023
Member, Dispute Resolution Committee since February 2023
Member, Electoral Matters Committee since February 2023
Member, Legislative Council Environment and Planning Committee February 2023 - February 2023
Leaflet map showing the electorate of Western Metropolitan.
Other members for this area
Each region is made up of 11 districts, which have one member each.
Dylan Wight | Tarneit | Australian Labor Party
Melissa Horne | Williamstown | Australian Labor Party
Katie Hall | Footscray | Australian Labor Party
Sarah Connolly | Laverton | Australian Labor Party
Natalie Hutchins | Sydenham | Australian Labor Party
Luba Grigorovitch | Kororoit | Australian Labor Party
Natalie Suleyman | St Albans | Australian Labor Party
Josh Bull | Sunbury | Australian Labor Party
Mathew Hilakari | Point Cook | Australian Labor Party
Tim Pallas | Werribee | Australian Labor Party
Ben Carroll | Niddrie | Australian Labor Party
Contact the electorate office for matters about your community.