Prior to entering Parliament, Renee was a health professional with a Bachelor of Health Science and Bachelor of Applied Science (Chiropractic), treating patients of all ages and backgrounds across Gippsland. Prior to this, she led rewarding community projects that improved children’s health and the local environment. She has a long history of volunteerism and community service.
Renee witnessed a steady decline in values, culture and institutions of our state. She believes in small government, individual initiative, equal opportunity, family and freedom and this is what prompted her to run for Parliament.
Renee’s priorities are:
- Reducing State debt – Victoria’s debt has reached over $100 billion and our state has lost its AAA credit rating.
- Small Business Recovery – We must create the best environment to support the powerhouse of the Victorian economy - small business.
- Health – She will work to increase the capacity of our state health system, which was under-resourced long before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Education Reform – International reports show Australian students are suffering a long-term decline in core subjects. She will champion education reform, beginning by reviewing extracurricular programs and activities.
- Restoring Freedom – Victorians face increasing limitations on their speech and expression that are creating a culture of litigation in our state. The move for a restoration of free speech will be a feature of her parliamentary tenure.
- Championing Local Industry and Jobs.
- Bushfire Prevention and Recovery.
Secretary of the Parliamentary Liberal Party December 2022 - May 2023
Participating, Legislative Council Economy and Infrastructure Committee since August 2023
Participating, Legislative Council Legal and Social Issues Committee since August 2023
Leaflet map showing the electorate of Eastern Victoria.
Other members for this area
Each region is made up of 11 districts, which have one member each.
Daniela De Martino | Monbulk | Australian Labor Party
Tim Bull | Gippsland East | The Nationals
Danny O'Brien | Gippsland South | The Nationals
Emma Vulin | Pakenham | Australian Labor Party
Wayne Farnham | Narracan | Liberal Party