What we offer
We are committed to our people and support them to live a happier, healthier and more connected life, in the workplace and beyond.
What we can offer you
Flexibility to care for you, and your family
Work-life balance means something different to every individual, which is why we are committed to providing you with flexible and hybrid working arrangements to make sure work, works for you.
- Competitive salaries paid fortnightly that consider your individual experience
- Incremental salary progression
- Annual productivity payment
- Purchased leave options
- 11% superannuation
- Salary packaging and novated leasing options
- Discounted Myki passes
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Discounted access to gyms, pools and fitness facilities across Victoria
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program
- Recognition Programs
Time that matters
We give you time away to focus on the people who matter most by providing you with generous leave provisions including:
- Annual leave (4 weeks – pro rata for part-time)
- Personal leave (3 weeks - pro rata for part-time)
- Purchased leave -purchase up to 12 weeks’ additional leave
- Extended leave schemes – work for 4 years and take your 5th year off while still receiving a salary
Parliament of Victoria’s ‘flexitime’ benefit recognises that each individual has personal commitments. Flexible work supports gender equity, diversity, productivity and work life balance because employees can manage commitments outside of work. This includes maintaining health and wellbeing, parenting or caring, studying, volunteering and more.
A workplace that supports your health and wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing is integral to your success. We have a range of benefits to ensure your physical and mental health are supported, including:
- a dedicated work, health and safety team and wellbeing specialist
- an employee assistance program, which provides a 24-hour, free, confidential counselling and support service for you and your immediate family members
- A health and wellbeing portal with a range of activities and resources
- An annual health and wellbeing calendar with initiatives including flu vaccinations, skin and health checks and optical and eyewear subsidies
- Discounted health insurance
- Access our Fitness Passport, which provides discounts at over 240 gyms, pools and fitness facilities across Victoria
Grow professionally and personally
We are committed to developing our people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or at the start of your career, our range of professional programs and on-the-job training will assist you to finesse or develop skills to help build your career. Committed to building an agile empowered future-ready workforce, our learning and development framework is designed to inspire you to grow.
To support your development, we provide access to:
- Paid study leave
- LinkedIn learning subscriptions
- Best practice induction programs
- Flexible in-person and online courses
- Customised in-house training
- Dynamic leadership and mentoring programs
- Individual and personalised performance and progression plans
A workplace that reflects our community
We know that our work has the greatest impact when it is driven by people with diverse experiences and perspectives.
We continue to strive for an inclusive and diverse workplace that is reflective of the Victorian community that we serve. Whatever your background or field of expertise we’ll support you to ensure you feel valued, respected and supported to perform at your very best as your authentic self.
- Gender affirmation leave
- Surrogacy leave
- Parental leave – for both primary (16 weeks) and secondary caregivers (4 weeks)
- Pre-Natal leave
- Family violence leave
- Cultural and Ceremonial leave for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, including NAIDOC Week leave and leave to attend Aboriginal community meetings
Your achievements celebrated
When you excel at your work, initiate new and innovative solutions or go above and beyond to demonstrate our values, you will be recognised for your efforts through our holistic reward and recognition program. We are here to celebrate your wins as a team!
Find out more
Each department at the Parliament of Victoria operates uniquely and therefore has a distinct culture. However, our core values unify us and shape our culture as a whole.
Careers at Parliament
Work as a Parliamentary Officer or Electorate Officer with the Parliament of Victoria